1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale Shen SB300 Rogeri

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by dkziemann, Jan 29, 2019.

1. dkziemann

dkziemann Supporting Member

Dec 13, 2007
    Rochester, NY
    Endorsed by D'Addario
    Price:
    $5500
    Strings:
    Hi all

I'm posting my Shen SB300 Rogeri for sale. This bass took me through college, got me into the ISB competitions, and lasted me well into my professional career. I am the only owner, and bought it new 10 years ago from Paul Strelau in Fairport NY. The bass was used primarily in a jazz setting and has a rich low end with great sustain and growl. It bows extremely well too, and with big lower bouts can definitely be used as a section bass. I've never had any problems with it, and the bass has only had (2) two inch cracks on the lower ribs which have been repaired. No structural problems, top removal history, or anything like that.

String Length: 41.25"
    Body Length: 44 5/8"

It has wide lower bouts, still checking the dimensions on those!

If you purchase the bass, String Instrument Services in Fairport NY will do a setup and put on whatever set of strings you like. I can also transfer the appraisal for insurance purposes too. It comes with a nice padded bass bag.

DZtop.
    DZleft.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019 at 9:19 AM
    groooooove and Scott Lynch like this.
  2. Nice looking bass. Not having the light source behind it will make for much better photographs.

dkziemann likes this.
  3. dkziemann

dkziemann Supporting Member

Dec 13, 2007
    Rochester, NY
    Endorsed by D'Addario
    Yes! I plan on taking new pictures this week :)