Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sherwood Green Jazz w/ maple neck w/ black blocks and binding. Pics anyone?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by freshmeat1989, Jul 13, 2004.

1. I just thought of this combo and I think it would be absolutely stunning. Maybe even with a black p/g i dont know. Hmmm, what about a rosewood neck with pearl blocks? Oh man, the pictures comin in my head! Does anyone have any pics? Who else thinks this would be an awesome combo?

2. toad

toad

Jun 26, 2002
    NYC
    ok, you piqued my curiosity. here's one from the photoshop luthier.

3. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    Are you canadian?
    ' eh ' :p

4. It would be cool for someone to make one on Warmoth. Hmmm, maybe even trans. green! ;)

5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I know two guys who have maple necked sherwood green Fender Jazz basses but with white pickgaurds and no blocks or binding.

They look great. I dont think the black would be the best choice. Ive seen them with tort though.

My Valenti 5 string is sherwood green and is going to have a pau ferro board and mint gaurd. Ill be posting pics when its ready.

6. Does Sherwood Green look really light in some light and really dark in other lights?

7. MascisMan

MascisMan

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx

yes it does. It can kind of range from what I call British Racing Green to a somewhat teal green depending on the lighting.

8. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    you are a darn smart bass player. Id never thought of this color combo. After seeing Alkaline trios bassist use some sort of '75 when they played on letter man ive wanted one like that sooo bad. A green one would be sweet.

9. Yeah, I always try and think of new combos. Its all up here *points to head*