Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sheryl Crow on 60 Minutes

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by DirtDog, Jan 13, 2003.

1. DirtDog

DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    She gave good interview despite all the harping on her being single and looking for a mate...

Hmmm, wait a minute....she's a dog lover, drives a '63 Stingray, makes a wicked peanut butter and jam sandwich, has an excellent house in the Hollywood hills...

Perfect match!:eek:

DD

2. jcadmus

jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    Just another overrated pop singer, using her looks to sell her personality.

3. Groovski

Groovski

Sep 20, 2002
    My happy place

Ok, where's the problem? Actually I like most of her stuff and shes nice to look at :)

4. watspan

watspan Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2002
    madison, wi
    Anybody know anything about that gorgeous Red Guild 4-string they showed her playing?

She is quite a looker, amazing she's 40! but i think her talent goes beyond looks--that's just icing on the cake IMHO

Hillarious Hair from the Michael Jackson era!!!!

5. Davehenning

Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    I like Sheryl too.......

The bass is a Guild Jet-Star. It is basically a Les Paul shaped version of the StarFire. I have had one for years. It sounds great and is very versatile.
    As far as I know, it was not produced after 1970, so they are not too common.

Dave

6. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

She seems O.K. She's living a dream of a career in music and making a good living doing it.

I'd be pleased to do the same thing.

Her personal problems, are not my concern. But they'll always throw that "juicy" stuff in to make folks watch.

7. kaboom133

kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    i can't believe i missed it. i love her beautiful, mouthwatering....... bass;)

8. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I need to be reincarnated as part of her apparel... I'm just trying to decide which piece.

9. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    It's pretty obvious that some folks in this thread either didn't see the 60 Minutes piece or just weren't paying attention.

She's obviously an accomplished multi-instrumentalist. She also writes her own music. She sang with Pavarotti. If you saw the piece you'd know that.

Yeah, typical pop star stuff.

There really weren't any "personal problems" in the interview. She said she'd like to be married someday. Juicy? You decide.

Then again, some people just love to hate. I wonder why?

;)

10. Hugh Jazz

Hugh Jazz

Sep 13, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    She's still hot.

I don't like the way she looks in a few of her newer videos, but she looked great in the interview itself.