Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sheryl Crow on Letterman.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Jumping_Bomb_Angel, Apr 11, 2002.

1. Well, I always dug this chicks music and thought she was kinda hot...and now...she plays bass!

Didja see, didja see?? She plays bass, and didnt do too bad a job, I must say, even though the song had a simple bassline.

Mary me, Sheryl:)

2. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I caught parts of it. (I was flicking back between it and Politcally Incorrect) I dug the Guild bass with the Les Paul body she was playing though. Her bass playing was never anything special though, I always thought. It always seemed to me that she really never looked comfortable playing the instrument.

On the other hand, I really dig Sheryl as a singer and as a songwriter. And I'll be the first to say, I thought her cover of Sweet Child O' Mine was awesome. :cool:

3. I DO NOT LIKE CHERYL CROW.

A chick who plays the guitar, that makes her famous.

The Sex Pistols gave people the notion that you could become a "good musician" without actually becoming a good musicians..

almost as if punk music is the easy way out.

In many different ways, everyone knows it's true.

4. :mad:LET THE FLAMING BEGIN!:mad:

5. Lipis Roman

Lipis Roman

Mar 5, 2002
    USA
    I missed her apperance on Letterman, unfortunately.

I love her voice, and I think she's a really good lyricist. "Tuesday Night Music Club" and "The Globe Sessions" are my favorite Sheryl albums, there's some cool tunes on both. I heard her latest album briefly at a friends house, sorta dug what I was hearing but I can't really say much till I hear the whole thing. Gotta pick it up sometime soon.

6. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Sheryl Crow is quite an accomplished musician. She did a good deal of session work as a vocalist, live road work as a backup vocalist, she plays guitar, bass, keyboards/organ, and a little trumpet. Her father is also an accomplished contemporary jazz trumpet player, which is connected to a very musical upbringing. I won't deny that it doesn't hurt that she's pretty, but she is also quite talented.

7. She's always played bass.

On two video's she plays guitar.

I have video of her playing bass six or seven years ago when she first broke big.

8. I dig her. Always liked her vocals and songwriting. I really like it as background music when I'm relaxing.

I guess the flaming isn't going very well rafterman. Sorry.

9. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Awwww, duv fumbody need fum attenthion? Cheer up buddy, it'll be alright. :) :)

10. :)

11. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Pretty? You really think so?

12. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I definitely think so, and multitalented as well.

13. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Oh well. I'm just kinda hung up on Melissa Joan Hart.

14. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA

Cheryl and Liz Phair. They are so. Multitalented.

15. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

She's not bad either.

16. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    ...anyone remember Sheryl as one of the 'featured' background singer chicks in Michael Jackson's Thriller tour/era?

She kinda looked like an '80s Sharon Stone...
    Muy caliente! ;)

17. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I think this wins the award for : "Least relevant, garbled, non-sequitur of the week!"

On second thoughts.... maybe it's just "typical" ! :rolleyes:

18. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Amen Jazzbo!
    She might not be the most technicly gifted bass player but she knows where and when to put the notes....I like her playing she's got a ton of groove and emotion. Great songwriter also!

19. craigers2

craigers2

Sep 26, 2001
    Cleveland
    she's one of those girls that can look really good, or really bad depending on how she is "made up". IMO

20. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    Kinda hard to hide that butt, though...even on a bad day.

(Apologies in advance to Sheryl and any other women who may take offense to this compliment, even though it's offered with the most honorable of intentions :D
    Guys will be guys, you know....)