Sheryl Crow...the bassist?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Jaswine85, Dec 11, 2002.

1. I was just watched Sheryl Crow perform on Conan O'Brien. Normally id turn it off during these parts, but to my suprise, she was playing bass! The lines were simple mind you, and she probably didnt even write them, but shes without a doubt the hottest bassist i've ever seen. Anyway...does anyone know if she plays bass on her albums and just fakes the guitar in the videos, or what? Just wondering...

2. hibeam

Oct 16, 2002
    Yeah, she's always played bass as long as I've seen/heard her. Whether she writes it or not is another question, but I would imagine that she does. In some videos, she plays guitar(or at least holds it; you know how videos are) but that just might be for the 'look.'
  3. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    Please. If we are going to discuss her here again, pictures should be posted. Please.
  4. :D
  5. LoJoe

Sep 5, 2002
    Concord, NC USA.
    Ok one more round.... :D

6. Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Yikes (Wipes away drool and retrieves jaw from floor.)
  7. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I saw an interview where she said that she was using bass to write songs as it meant she didn't have to decide on the type of chord until later in the process - so this gave her more freedom about where the melody line went.

I can see the point of this as a lot of singer/songwriters do sound limited - it's like once they have decided the chord sequence, there are only so many notes they can use and it's almost "set in stone" at that point. With just a bass line to bounce ideas off of - you have more possibilities - in many ways it's harder, so an interesting idea.

Nov 10, 2002
    Las Vegas
    By the way, besides the bass, she also plays pretty decent guitar and very nice piano.
  9. She has a degree in Music.

She also is qualified in hubba hubba yowsa!

10. punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    am i the only guy that doesnt like her looks so much?

11. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    I guess so, she is hot!
  12. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    At the three live performances of hers that I've been to, she's played:

Keyboards, Hammond, Guitar, Bass, Accordian, Harmonica and Congas.
  13. Thumbz

Thumbz Guest

LoJoe, thanx for the pics... you brightened up my night...
    Hot, she is! Srictly speaking as a I'd love to see her swinging her bottom end and tuning up her G-string...
  14. Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Good Lord it just keep's getting better and better!!!!
  15. Scary thing is, that pic SuperDuck posted is from '96. She's just gotten hotter and hotter since then.
  16. Sheryl and I are schedule to married in 2 weeks..Small Private Ceremony..Sorry..And I will be playing bass for her on the next tour.
    Oh Wow:eek: I had to wake up!!"Hey Sheryl The Offer Stands Though If Ya Want To Take Me Up On It":D :D :D :D
  17. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Bah, that good picture went away. Ah well, I put a new one in its place.

Hachi machi. :cool:
  18. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    Same Stingray as mine, except that mine is a 5er.

I want to marry her, nothing less :D
  19. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    I dig that Stingray special edition too... :D