Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

She's Home

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ApeIsHigh81, Sep 16, 2004.

1. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    Thought I'd share my new bass with everyone as others here have before. Blew me away. VERY light (barely over 9 lbs.) 1 piece body, huge difference compared to my last 3 piece (just under 11lbs.) ash body jazz. Exact growl I was looking for, huge bottom, EXTREMELY resonant - very loud when practicing with no amplification. Impeccable craftsmanship, everything went perfect with this deal. Big up to Gregg (Frankensteinberger) for showing love, very cool guy to deal with. The last pic is the 01 American I sold to get this. What can I say?? I'm a sucker for the nat./blk./maple combination.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Can't go wrong with that color combo! Very cool!

3. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    I love it! Now put a black pearloid 'guard on it and call it a day.

4. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    I think that's the best color scheme for the J. Oh, BTW,I happen to have a beautiful Lakland Skyline Joe Osborn 4 in that very same combination for sale right here on TB! Who knew? :D

5. Very nice.

6. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    Not exactly, but close enough for "Jazz"! :eyebrow:

7. Scottie Johnson

Scottie Johnson

Sep 8, 2004
    Pardon me for being naive, but if it isn't a reissue, what is it exactly? By the way, it looks very swank.

8. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    Yes, it's a '99 "75" reissue. Interesting the other day how I was reading that these should really be called 76' reissues as the smaller "jazz bass" lettering & serial numbers on the headstock first appeared that year. She and I both said thanks very much for the props guys. Anyone ever care to give her a spin while you're here in Bakersfield just let me know! :)

9. j-bass

j-bass

Feb 5, 2004
    nice !

same colour combo as my marcus miller

[​IMG]

10. AlembicPlayer

AlembicPlayer Im not wearing shorts

Aug 15, 2004
    Pacific Northwet, USA
    SWEET!!

Enjoy :bassist:

11. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    you suck
    i hate seeing pictures of basses i want........ :spit:
    seriously though, thats a beauty of a bass - fwiw, the '75 reissues are the only fenders i've consistently liked - i'm a jealous man

12. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    We sorta have similar grain j-bass, cool. I seen last night the pole pieces on the neck pup are diagonal, going high to low from E to G, which would explain the fat booty. The bridge pup is arched to the fretboard radius, like a Sadowsky humcancelling or the Ultra Jazz's.
    [​IMG]

13. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Smokin, you did well! welcome to the natural/maple neck jazz crew :bassist:

14. Alexander

Alexander

Aug 13, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    I like - very much. The 75s are sweet - I think they are the best looking Fenders out there. I like the ash\maple combo, too. Enjoy!

15. cosmodrome

cosmodrome Registered User

Apr 30, 2004
    ****town, Netherlands
    how sweet it is..........

16. MichaelScott

MichaelScott

Jul 27, 2004
    Moorpark CA
    Very pretty. Are those Humbucker J's? Or am I smokin crack?

17. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    Thanks again everyone, It's feels just as good receiving compliments as it is giving them to all you fellow TB'ers when you guys get your basses. As for the pickups, they're fat, growly & warm sounding like strong single coil's, yet they have raised pole pieces and are relatively quiet when fully on. The slanted neck pole pieces are still puzzling me, I'm going to send a email to Fender customer service and see what's up, I'l keep posted.