Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by dougray, May 18, 2003.

1. dougray

dougray Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2002
    western maryland
    hi, i seen on that they sell a conductive shielding paint,has anyone used this? does it work? i was going to purchase the paint along with a roll of shielding tape(for rear of cavity cover, and use the paint for the cavity itself,any info,thanx..
  2. rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    The paint works great... Three coats seems to be the 'magic' number for me. One caution, it is very messy... Keep a damp rag, (that you will never want to use again :) ), handy... I use a lug to ground the bridge wire to the paint.

3. Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    Same here...I tried both the copper tape and the paint, and I like the paint a lot more. It is far easier to apply, and works well. One can will last you a looooooong time. I did 3 basses and 4 guitars, and haven't used even a quarter of it yet.
  4. brock29609

brock29609 4 strings, 2 wheels

May 11, 2003
    Greenville, SC
    Same experience here. I've given several coats to multiple basses and I still have a ton left. It's easy to work with. Clean up is easy and if you spill a little on your bass it wipes up clean. Just coat all cavities and make sure there's a connection between all of them and you have a connection between the paint and the ground. Just make sure no hot wires or hot parts of your pots come in contact with the painted walls of the cavity.

This paint will make your bass dead quiet if used thoroughly and properly.