1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Shift Line CabZone X

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TheLopp, Jun 23, 2020.

1. TheLopp

TheLopp

Dec 30, 2013
    This looks really interesting. Just bought one.

I have the CabZone LE and just got it upgraded with the power amp sim and I think it sounds fantastic. The new version have an XLR and and 10 switchable power amp sims, as well as 10 cab sims. And from what I understand you can drive the power amp harder with the volume knob to get more distortion/harmonics. I guess it would work with a boost pedal in front too. Really cool.

A+ CabZone X

kranahan likes this.
  2. TheLopp

TheLopp

Dec 30, 2013
    Great demo!

Scott Shaw, sporad and bucephylus like this.
  3. HCF

HCF Of course, YMMV Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Amsterdam
    Ooh, looks like an interesting unit. And the IR 's also look nice to play around with

TheLopp likes this.
  4. Emanuel

Emanuel Master of the run-on sentence Supporting Member

This has been on my Radar big time. So excellent, road studio
    Headphone practice. Heck yeah! Is it available state side? If so where? Thx, Manny

5. jacoby75

jacoby75 Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2010
    Coldwater, MI
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Guitars, DR Strings
    There's an LE version in the classifieds right now. You can add power amp sims through the shift line site and create hex files to use with it. I had both. With the X, honestly there were only a couple of the power amp sims that sounded good with the bass cab sims anyway, in my opinion.

6. Squint

Squint

Feb 22, 2017
    Louisville, KY
    Can any Cabzone users comment on noise levels? I tried a Torpedo Cab M recently but it was too noisy for me.

I had a Shift Line Olympic pedal for a while and it was pretty quiet for what it was so I have hope for the Cabzone.

Trying to decide on this or the Darkglass Element.

7. TheLopp

TheLopp

Dec 30, 2013
    I have both the Torpedo Cab M and the CabZone LE and X. I play the X pretty much every day and it’s very silent.

The Torpedo have some hiss, especially if you don’t have a pedal in front to push it a bit. If I only have the bass I have to switch it to +12 dB to get the least noise.

I usually switch between 3 or 4 power amp sims and I think it’s really worth to have that. The LE is good too and if you know what you want and is a set and forget kind of guy, regarding power amp, it’s a great unit.

I’m waiting for my Broughton SV-Pre to pair with an Ampeg 810E and 6550 Bass for power amp sim. That will be a lovely little rig!

Squint likes this.
  8. 1kinal

1kinal Supporting Member

Jan 18, 2006
    Montreal, Qc. Canada
    Endorsing Artist: SIT strings
    My cabzone X is super quiet either from the 1/4 or XLR outputs.

I just wished I could have a better control over the input gain because even with the pad on, my Sadowsky is overdriving the input. We all know how overdriving a digital products is NOT a pleasant distortion!

I also hear a big change in tone when I put the cabzone X in my pedalboard signal chain. I have to say I was really surprised of this considering the high quality of the Shift Line products.

I’m now considering the AMT Pangaea VirginCab as it seems to offer better control over the input gain (but no power amp IR’s or XLR).

If only Shift Line could put a gain knob with peak LED and a footswitch, plus make it « thru bypass », that would be perfect for me.

9. Purchased the LE today. High hopes on this one. If anyone has some suggestions, you know where to find me
    CabZone_LE_Box_01_10.jpg

10. TheLopp

TheLopp

Dec 30, 2013
    Ive never had any problems with the input gain, I guess my basses aren’t hot enough. And I usually have at least a compressor in front anyway, so I can control it that way.

And about the big change in tone? Never thought about it, never used it without any sims turned on. I will do some testing today and see if I can hear any difference.

1kinal likes this.
  11. The Diaper Geni

The Diaper Geni Submissive. And loving it. Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    Hey! I just got one being delivered today! We’re Cabzone LE buddies!

I might have time to mess with it today. But I have been told to immediately update it with the latest firmware/software via the Shiftline site.

I’ve used, and really enjoyed, the free Shiftline cab sims. So getting those sims installed on the LE will be my second order of business.

TheLopp and Kijuer like this.
  12. I've seen that you can customize cab/power amp pairings and download them on the fly. I love that!

13. The Diaper Geni

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    I got the LE. It's pretty darn cool. But the files I create on the Online Patch Generator are PDF and not WAV. What am I doing wrong? Can't figure it out!

14. I have no idea...I have just tried and I got .HEX files.

The Diaper Geni likes this.
  15. The Diaper Geni

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    Thanks! That's weird? I must be doing something wrong?

16. FenderP

FenderP Supporting Member

May 7, 2005
    I just got the CabZone X yesterday and put it after a Broughton P-15 to do something similar with the 6L6/Heritage B15 simulations. I need to hear it in context as well as compare it to my real B-15.

17. I really don't know. Is yours the same page or a mirrored site?
    CabZone LE | Support

Screenshot_2020-11-21-15-12-47-290_com.android.chrome.jpg

The Diaper Geni likes this.
  18. The Diaper Geni

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
  19. Well if it keeps not working for you just let me know, I'll create the patches and send you via either WeTransfer or Dropbox!

20. The Diaper Geni

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    Thanks for the offer!! I’ll take you up on that if I can’t get this figured out.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 3, 2020