SOLD Shift Line Olympic MkIIIs w/ two extra tubes and Micro SD card - SALE PRICE!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by fauxtoe, Nov 21, 2020.

1. fauxtoe

fauxtoe Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2018
    Southern California
    Price:
    United States
    SOLD

Micro SD card now included and price is $375 Shipped

Shift Line Olympic MKIIIs

Never thought I’d sell this, but I’m moving on to a Starlifter and I’m passing on this great little preamp for someone else to enjoy. It has served me well and works flawlessly. Not a bad thing to say about it and I’ve written a lot of positive comments in the SLO thread. I’ve used every input and output at one point and it’s extremely versatile. I’d easily buy it again should my tone tastes change.

Included are -

• The original Tung-Sol 12AX7 tube (the most gain), a JJ 12AY7 (less gain, tighter lows, neutral mids, $15 value), and currently installed is a JAN Phillips 12AT7 (even less gain, less mids, smoother highs, $19 value)

• Samsung 32Gb Micro SD card with SD card adapter (not pictured)
    • Original box and power supply.
    There are two small strips of easily removed velcro on the bottom.

Excellent condition and ready for a new home. This setup is 100% ready to rock and ready to tweak to your liking.

SOLD Adopt it today for only $375 shipped to the CONUS. SOLD

51E5041C-4BFC-47DB-AF4F-37138AACBB04.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
    R&B, freedomryder and Chace90 like this.
  2. brstma

brstma my dog is an awesome dog Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2008
    Florida
    Looks cool! You must be the one who snagged that starlifter before I could :smug:

3. fauxtoe

Apr 20, 2018
    Southern California
    If you’re referring to the last one that was for sale on here, yes that would be me! :D

4. ThumbyAche

ThumbyAche Gold Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2005
    Colorado
    These are amazing. I have 2, one as a backup.
    I have not compared to the Starlifter but I can't see taking the slo off my IEM board...ever.:)

5. fauxtoe

Apr 20, 2018
    Southern California
    I could have said the same thing, but tastes and needs change. To my ears the Starlifter plays better with my active basses and the dynamic range is mighty. There is a lot of clean headroom on tap and it just flat out does what I ask it to do. I don’t know what all is under the hood, but it weighs about as much as a brick - which is nothing like the SLO or the Mesa preamps I’ve used. They say the DI is transformer-less, but there is something else heavy in there that is contributing to the secret sauce.

Anyways, the SLO is for sale until this ad says sold!

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
    ThumbyAche likes this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 16, 2021