1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Shine SB 56

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Davebass, Dec 8, 2006.

1. I was thinking og getting a 6 string and this is the cheapest one i can find. i know it aint going to knock the socks of me but is there anything i should be really carefull about. im not to fussed about the over all sound or feel of it, all i really want is it to be reliable. its £170 so what you guys think?

heres a link

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/sb-56/12829

Cheers

Dave

2. any one?

if i do every get it would it be worth while upgradeing the pickups/electronics? (are they counted as the same thing?)

3. Asaf

Asaf

Jun 9, 2003
    Israel
    these basses are also sold under the name Copley, the opinions on them are not always positive.
    I would save some more money and buy a used ibanez or a peavey the cheap basses of these companies are really great for the money.

4. yeah ive been looking around for second hand stuff like that but i havnt found anything. im not a ebay user, and i cant register because im not 18 so thats that out the window.
    i really like the look of the shine SB 56, but ive never played on it and probobally wont ever get to unless i buy it, so unless i get lots of hate mail about it that may be the final decision.

5. Joeonbass

Joeonbass

Dec 9, 2006
    Guildford, UK
    I would say avoid, anything by Shine will have terrible tone, and be unreliable.

6. yeah i wasnt expecting much for the money like can anyone reconmend a extremly cheap 6 string that i could get a hold of over in the uk?

7. Stan_da_man

Stan_da_man

Aug 29, 2006
    UK
    Davebass-I've owned the bass you want to buy. Ignore anyone who says Shine is crud. They've never heard a Shine bass and are only saying what other people say. It's very good for the money. I was so impressed, I went out and bought a Shine Stingray!
    Shame your not on ebay-I got mine for £150 including p+p.
    Stan