1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Shipping a Bass to Australia?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jarrhead, Mar 7, 2010.

1. jarrhead

jarrhead

May 23, 2009
    What would be the standard procedures to ship to Australia? I'm looking to ship off a bass of mine to a guy down there and I'm wondering what I would have to do.

FS/FT: MIA Fender Jazz 3TB/Rosewood - TalkBass Forums

Would I take the neck off and ship in two boxes, ship the two parts in one, or ship it intact?

I'm trying to get the cheapest option so he doesn't have to pay too much of the shipping.

2. moonshinegtrs

moonshinegtrs Inactive Commercial User

Jan 28, 2009
    White Bluff,Tn.
    Owner: Moonshine Custom Guitars
    I just shipped one to Sydney. I took the neck off and shipped both parts together. I shipped it via U.S. Postal Priority Mail International, definitely the cheapest, though shipping was still over $100. Also, got to be careful on the overall size of the box. Pack it well. Good luck.

Moonshine :bassist:

3. Evanseveneleven

Evanseveneleven

Aug 23, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Endorsing Artist: DR Strings
  4. jarrhead

jarrhead

May 23, 2009
    I got a quote from www.shipito.com and it said it would ship through FedEx for $126.90 to Sydney (2000)

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 3, 2020