1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Shipping a cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by evito, Mar 13, 2008.

1. evito

evito

Dec 17, 2006
    Antioch, California
    Ok, so I am trying to sell my crate 2x15 cab with not much success locally. I may have to offer to ship it.

Anyone know how you would ship such a big item? How would you wrap it so it would be protect it?

Thanks for any help anyone has!!:hyper:

2. seventhson

seventhson Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    you "build" a box around it by cutting pieces of heavy duty cardboard to size and taping it around the cab...leaving handle cut outs so that the delivery people can use cab's handles to actually carry it.

do this twice. yes, it's a pita.

3. I have the same problem with a Peavey 215 cab with part-blown BlackWidows I need to get rid of. I guess I could try a "free" local classified add co. :confused:

4. bubble wrap under the cardboard also helps

5. GhettoBrassGuy

GhettoBrassGuy

Nov 27, 2002
    Simi Valley, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull, Lakland, Aguilar, JH Audio
    Also, if it has casters make sure you remove them before you ship it. I bought a Genz Benz 410 on Ebay years ago and it arrived with one caster shoved halfway inside the cab, although it worked out in my favor. UPS paid me the full amount I bought it for and never took the cab from me. :hyper: