Shipping a DB, Berlin to NYC

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Arnold, Aug 11, 2003.

1. Hi there,
    I have a bass in Berlin and I'm trying to find a company that will pack and ship it to NYC. I'm going over to do some work, but with my plans, bringing the bass myself is not the best option. Any body have any ideas or experience with this? Thanks ASG
  2. s7on3d

Jun 26, 2002
    Ra'anana, Israel
    I have no experience as far as this all goes, but I'd immagine that there would be 2 good options. For both of them, you'd need to buy/build/get someone to build a flight case for your DB. Then you could either:

1.) Ship it via an international shipping company (the kind of company that you would use to ship the contents of a house). If you go with this option, the DB wil be shipped by sea, and it will take around a month to get there.

2.) Ship it with the cargo section of an airline, where it would be pretty darn expensive (you pay by weight) but would arrive just as quickly as you would.

I would just like to say that I've never shipped a DB, but i have used each of these methods to ship large items internationally, and both work quite well. Make sure to read customs laws so you don't get fined INSANE ammounts of $$$$.