Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Shipping bass without case..

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Suckbird, Jan 10, 2005.

1. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004
    Sweden
    So i ordered a ibanez btb405 and asked if it comes with case... no it doesn't.
    So i'll have to buy the case wich isn't in stock and it will
    take a long long time to get it so.. i dont know if these guys (thomann.de) are going to send the bass without case
    if so, how big is the risc it comes scratched and crashed and total messed up?
    They said it was insured by ups or something so i get a
    repayment if it's hurted?

2. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    It should be packed well in a box. The music stores usually get basses and cases separate for cheap stuff like Squiers and stuff and they are ok.

3. Yeah, don't sweat it too much, they're usually double boxxed, with a styrofoam neck cradle, and stryo-end caps for shock absorption, and some polywrap or whatever....

It's sufficient to a degree, the rest being in the handling...a bass could get just as messed up in a regular hardcase with the right amount of abuse....tho I prefer it.

Regular double boxxes are the norm... the shipping companies usually don't like to have to honor loss claims, so they for the most part know how to handle stuff...but it does happen, just make sure your arse is covered.