1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Shipping basses internationally

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Metalbasspro, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Metalbasspro

Metalbasspro

Feb 9, 2009
    I've never done it but after shipping a collectible to Austria I know I never will.

Three different forms to fill out and you cannot make a mistake or cross anything out. This package required three trips to the post office at about an hour of my time each trip. The post man mis quoted me the first two time at 133.00 to ship global express and the day I finally got the paper work in order he tells me opps I made a mistake it's really 205.00 to ship it.

The box was 21x15x14 and 9.10 lbs.

Shipping was out of my pocket because it was an ebay sale and they hold the funds for 21 days.

No thank you never ever again. :crying:

2. Wow that sucks. You had to go to the PO 3 times?? Why??

I've had many items shipped to Australia and the sellers have never had these issues. I've had one guy complain because he had to fill out a form so he thought he'd tell me all about how hard that was. I now warn international sellers "You'll have a form to fill out".

3. Metalbasspro

Metalbasspro

Feb 9, 2009
    Once to get the forms, second time to try and ship but opps you can't cross out a single mistake so here take the forms and re do them. Then third time I was able to ship but then I found out I had been mis quoted on the costs.

The reason the forms had a mistake on them is the buyer failed to give me a complete address. He left out the state. I had my wife fill out the to and from because she wrote better then me but she marked Europe as the state since the buyer did not include the state. She just put the info in as it fit. I would have caught that but I don't wright very well.