Shipping how and who?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Saetia, Apr 21, 2003.

1. Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Alright I have a question, how would you go about shipping a cab? really its not like you can throw it in just any box right???? and who, from your experience, is the best people to go through for shipping? if anyone can help please!:)
  2. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    FedEx Ground will save you some money and generally get there quicker than UPS. If the cab is ported I wouldn't recommend styrofoam peanuts. Go to your local music store and ask them if they have a box that fits and how cabs usually come shipped to them. If they have no box then check furniture stores. Personally I'd improvise on padding. Get it as stable as possible though and don't have any of the sides, top or bottom directly against the wall of the box.

brad cook
  3. Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    For a cab you will need a box constructed of double wall cardboard. Allow at least 2 inches of space on all sides of the cab so that it "floats" in the carton and does not rest against the edges. THe box needs to be a bit larger than the cab. Once inside, stuff other sections of cardbaord in layers between the cab and the walls of the box and along the corners. Several layers of cardboard are stronger than anything. Popcorn and those funny styrofoam peanuts are useless for something as large and heavy as a cab. For pedals and small light stuff, foam is great. But not for large objects.

Make sure all seams of the box are taped thoroughly and that you tape the bottom and top of the box in an "H" pattern for greater strength and reinforcement of the closure. It should make it anywhere like this. I've shipped several cabs like this without any damage claims or unhappy receivers. All has ended well.

For reference, I work for UPS and am pretty well versed in this stuff. If you have any other questions, let me know. I'll help you if I can, even if you use Fed Ex.