1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Shipping pedals in original packaging in padded envelope. Yay or nay?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by anyonefortennis, Dec 13, 2018.

1. I'm ok with it

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. I'd rather have it boxed and extra padding added

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    Pulling an issue from a different thread.

I've received pedals from stores like Prymaxe in flat rate padded envelopes. Never an issue, never a damaged pedal.

As long as the pedals are in the original packaging, aren't too heavy, and have some padding on their own box (a layer or two of bubble rap or even tissue paper) I don't have a problem with this but some folks prefer a proper double box.

What are your thoughts?

2. cataract

cataract Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    In my experience, buying pedals directly from small builders and sites like Prymaxe & Reverb, they usually come packaged in their cardboard box which is then stuffed into a decent padded envelope mailer. No broken pedals thus far!
    (Knock on wood)

When I sell a pedal, I sometimes double box because I usually have the right size box just laying around.

I also ship 2 day Priority exclusively (the less time the pedal’s traveling, the less likely it is to get knocked around or exploded in its travels IMO.)

bassbrad likes this.
  3. Alien8

Alien8

Jan 29, 2014
    Boxes around pedals are to absorb some mishandling. That said not all boxes are equal.

Protect it in a decent box inside a padded envelope and I'm fine with that.

Pedal straight into the envelope, no box and I will ship it back to the sender.

cataract and anyonefortennis like this.