Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Shipping speaker cabinets FYI

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Chazinroch, Mar 12, 2003.

1. Chazinroch

Chazinroch

Feb 2, 2003
    Ontario N.Y.
    Just a heads up with all the eBay stuff going on. I recently bought a SWR Goliath Jr II on eBay. The seller was great. Item as advertised, excellent condition. The only problem he shipped it in a box using those nasty little poly foam peanuts. You know the ones that have a static polar charge and you can't seem to round em up to toss em out.

Well you'll be amazed how easily they found their way into the grill and the ports in the back of the cabinet. I must have pulled out about 200 of those little suckers. I also found out they don't help your sound much either.

Just a FYI...

2. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Another one? There was a similar thread not long ago from someone that bought an Eden cab and had the same problem. You didn't buy it from the same guy did you?

3. Nate Dawg

Nate Dawg

Apr 8, 2000
    Denver, CO
    I had the same problem with an Avatar cab I bought from a TB'er. Very poorly packed.

You know who you are. Thanks for not responding to my emails and screwing me out of $120. :mad: