1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Shipping to Canada - UPS stinks

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by kozbass, Aug 27, 2012.

1. I have had a few packages shipped to Canada from the States. I have used FedEx and USPS and UPS.

Everytime I use UPS they charge a brokerage fee. This time is is a hundred bucks on a shipment of a Epi 110UL. 100 BUCKS!

REdiculous! USPS never dings me, neither has FedEx.

Just thought I'd let you all know. If you can, go with USPS.

:atoz:

2. +1. I try to never buy anything that has to be shipped by them.

3. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

I completely agree with you, but I also avoid FedEx for the same reasons.

USPS or nothing.

4. I didn't realize FedEx charged similar fees. Thanks for the heads-up.

5. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Agreed.

USPS or forget it. Unless its a really good deal and the seller wont ship USPS.

I have paid alot of money in brokerage fees.

6. kbuschmann

kbuschmann Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Los Angeles
    I have dealt with UPS for the last time - in either direction. Bad, bad, not good (also the name of an excellent band out of Toronto, BTW). Prior experience shifted me away from FedEx. USPS has been good for getting things from the US to Canada. But I'm wondering, how is Canada Post at getting things from here to the good old US of A.

7. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Actually I have been wondering that for a while now, but I don't want to give money to paypal so I sell everything locally.

I recently ordered a cover from Epifani and my shipping options were Fedex or UPS only and if you try to get one through L&M as they are the Canadian distributors, they tell you to call Epifani.

I went with Fedex as in the past they have effed me slightly more gently than UPS. :meh:

8. I've had nothing but good experiences to date with USPS shipping pedals, basses, and parts from the US to Canada. Based upon what buyers have told me, Canada Post has also done a good job going in the other direction. Canada Post seems to do a better job shipping to the US than they do within Canada...

Historically, FedEx has been alright - not perfect, just alright - and UPS has been terrible.

9. Good to hear we have a consensus!