Shipping to Canada.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by MCBTunes, Apr 26, 2005.

1. On a ~900CDN dollar item how badly am I going to get nailed with duties? I know I will already be paying 14% tax(Sask). But has anyone recently been shipped from the US to canada? What were your charges and from what service?

Any adviceon ways to go?

I really dont want to have to put another 300 on top of the 1000 haha
  2. it depends where the item was made. if it's north american then the only thing you'll pay is customs/brokerage fees. USPS charges the lowest brokerage fees IME, fedex and ups are brutal.
  3. yeah i have heard bad things on both fedex and UPS... Whast customs/brokerage usually worth? YEah it'll be north american
  4. I believe USPS charges a flat fee, I can't remember what it is but it's low, I think I paid $5 on a $300 value. UPS and Fedex charge a percentage of the value, you'd have to check with them to find out how much cause I have no idea.
  5. i just shipped a bass here from main and i didnt pay any tax or brokers fees or anything, just $28USD shipping via ground UPS just make sure to declair it was made in the USA and you will be fine
  6. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

When I got my Avatar B212 and AshdownMag300H, I was killed by the duties and import taxes. Not the price of the shipping, but the extra fees charged upon receiving the item. Everytime I get something from the U.S., I get these extremely high duties and import tax fees.:spit: I ordered Avatar stuff (and Ashdown from Avatar) because I did not want to pay a music store humongus prices for the same thing. But they almost come to the same price at the end.:spit: