shipping Ub overseas???

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by hc321, Nov 6, 2005.

1. hc321

Nov 6, 2005
    i'm in Paris/France and think about buying an upright bass that a guy's selling around San Francisco,a friend of mine is staying there on holidays until late december,and could maybe help me get the bass and pack it!
    what i don't know is who in the Frisco area is proposing a ship.method for such big item,what would it cost?
    and if it could be safe enough?(i know that there's no 100% guarantees,but...

i would appreciate help from anyplayer that dealt with the same situation,in the past or recently

2. hofner

Dec 7, 2003
    i'm in France too and ordered a bass two years ago in USA (englehardt es9). i can't help you for your location problem for shipping, the seller should have more luck to find a shipping company, but keep in mind that you'll have to add probably 400 or more euros for the shipping plus the vat taxes when delivery in France which are quite high.
    Btw, if the bass is correctly packed in a box, there're not too much problems to expect...take an insurance for the shipping if you don't buy to a professional dealer imho...
  3. hc321

Nov 6, 2005
    Thanks for your replly,
    i know that Ups don't ship big items,what was the you/or seller used to bring the bass to France,i need to check prices/package sizes...
    by the way,is the englehardt any good compared to other plywood basses?