Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Shocked! What's the deal? (Mod, EMG)

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by rojo412, Feb 7, 2003.

1. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    I pulled the pickups out of my Modulus Q5, 1995, and it turns out that they are the 40P5Q, not the 40DC. Why did they put 2 P pickups in this bass? Was there an option for the DC in 1994 or is this standard on all their EMG basses?

I urge people with EMG-loaded Moduli to look inside and see what's up (if you are brave enough, you can't mess anything up as long as you don't force anything out). I was always under the impression that they used the DC on all of their basses.

Also, if anyone else discovered this long ago and switched to DC's, what was the difference in sound? Was it worth the upgrade? I know it's so easy to do that because of the clip they use, plus I can get EMG at cost, but I am not a rich dude and if it sounds the same, forget it! But the output is higher, so... yeah. RESPOND!

2. FoRoAn

FoRoAn Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Moscow
  3. MarTONEbass

MarTONEbass Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Norton, MA
    I just discovered my 95 Modulus also came with these...shocker! Very weird they're not DC's. I tried the 40J's but they're not my thing either.