Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Shocking bass going in auction

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tsal, Feb 18, 2002.

1. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    I just went to local version of Ebay just to check if there's some nice stuff for sale, and then I noticed this auction going on: "Ibanez Soundgear 600" - cool, I thought, it's just like my first bass I sold a year ago.

To my shock, when I opened that page up it said the bass is a black 1993 MIJ with upgraded Schaller bridge.. I myself had that bridge swapped! It must be my very first bass I owned!! :eek:

I think I'm going to bid to buy my bass back.
    It's currently going at around $250. I sold it for $400 back then.

2. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    Get your friend back!:)

3. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Hmmm...this gives me an idea...

I think what I'll do is to buy that bass for $250 and turn around and sell it to you for $450!:eek:LOL j/k

I say jump on it! Take up that offer! And run!

4. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Ok, I mailed this guy and he said that he's removing the auction because he needs the bass in some project of his.. Just hope the project is nothing like "basses sawed in half look cool" :eek:

But anyways, I'll get him swear that if he ever wants to sell it, he'll contact me first. I think those bucks are going for Korg Pandora, then. (GAS is a female dog, but then again, this must be my smartest buy ever since I bought my first bass :D )