Shooting in my City

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by werbo1, Feb 13, 2005.

1. It's on Fox News. I don't know all the details, but three people started shooting in the mall. I was on my wayt there and on the road about 500 feet away from where it happened. :bawl: 3-10 people were shot, and two of the gunmen are at large. It's kind of weird, we're just an Upstate City.
  2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Just goes to show you that those things can happen anywhere, unfortunately.
  3. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    That's horrible.

My thoughts go out to those people and their family. :(

Unfortunately, like Figjam said, on a communal level, there wasn't really anything that could have been done to prevent this. I just wonder what made them do such a terrible thing...
  4. police haven't found out yet, but they said that it was only one person now...I hope some maniacs aren't still running about here
  5. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Where exactly are you, I don't see a location listed?
  6. secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Where Michael Tobias makes his sweet basses.
  7. hell yeah man, great guy, i see him a couple of times a year
  8. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I heard something on the radio this morning that a local mall by me had shooter at Best Buy. I live nearish kingston, it was at the Hudson Mall or somethuibng, is that what youre talking about? (man, coincidence).
  9. That, sadly is the truth.

10. Stuart Spector, Tobias, Tony Levin, the list is huge for the Kingston area. Great musicians throughout the mid hudson valley.

Armed whack jobs in a mall don't seem to fit.
  11. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    They are from here? Sick! knew about stuart but the others are news to me.
  12. We had our own armed whack job here in Portland. Someone capped off a few at Clackamas Town Center. Hurt someone, but was caught. No one died, thank God.

Rock on
  13. Yeah its the hudson valley mall. Eric, Luckily no one was hurt in either of our incidents.

And yes, Tobias, Levin, and SPector are all convienently around...believe it or not T-Lev is my neighbor.
  14. AlexK

Apr 10, 2001

This is very true. I live in an affluent neighborhood that has very low crime, but just last Thursday there was a murder down the street from my house. Apparently, a woman attacked a nine-months pregnant neighbor with surgical scissors, I guess in some attempt to steal her unborn baby. The pregnant woman killed the other woman in self defense. I never would have thought something like that could happen in my town.