1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Shooting spree in Colorado theatre.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Kawai-chang, Jul 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. What in the **** is wrong with people?

2. do you have all day?

3. Life is nasty, brutish, and short- Thomas Hobbes

people are people. and unfortunately these are the kinds of things that people do. it's sad, but true

4. A lot.

5. superdick2112

superdick2112 Mile High Bassist Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2010
    The Centennial State
    This is shocking & horrible, and way too close to home. My wife & I used to frequent this movie theater when we were first married & lived in our starter home in Aurora. Please include those affected by this tragedy in your prayers.

6. After hearing the descriptions, I can't get Uwe Boll's Rampage out of my head. Gas mask, multiple guns, etc. So sad.

7. Exactly the point of my other thread.

It's tragic that we have to prepare ourselves nowadays for some guy who might just bust his lid out of nowhere

8. Unprofessional

Unprofessional

Mar 5, 2012
    People are crazy in general. A few people are very crazy. This has been true as long as I have been alive. I don't expect radical change any time soon.

9. BelleNoireBass

BelleNoireBass

Apr 18, 2012
    Bay Area
    How many times is this same thread going to start with a little bit different situation. Yes some people do crazy things. Does this mean everyone is crazy? Of course not. Crazier things have been happening since the beginning of man. Get over it.

10. I get what you're saying, but the mass of events that are reported today similar to this seems to be a lot more.

11. BelleNoireBass

BelleNoireBass

Apr 18, 2012
    Bay Area
    That's because these events are what makes the most money. Another thing that's sad, but true. Much better things are happening today then ever before also, it's just the news doesn't make money off of those things being reported.

12. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
  13. Does this seem like a plot right out of Batman to anyone else?

lowsound

14. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Two things at work here in my opinion:
    1. Due to the internet just about any event around the world is instantly known everywhere. Everything feels closer to home.

2. It is a fairly well-accepted theory in psychology and communications that in times of confusion, stress, depression, etc.. People look to others for what to do. These shootings being so highly publicized are then in the minds of everyone including other people who are lost/depressed/angry/etc. therefore it propagates. More shootings breed more shootings. There are a lot more subtleties here such as not having an upbringing that results in a solid moral and personal compass etc.. Thus looking to others for what to do in times of uncertainty.

That's my simplified take on it.

bc

15. Uhh, yeah. Gee, I'm sorry I posted this, really I am.

I'll make sure to get over it like you said.

16. Can't argue with that, but I'm sure others might. ;)

17. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    Shame on you for starting a thread on another tragedy! You know that we're not EVER supposed to talk about such things...:(

So....how's the...uh...weather?

18. I don't want to undermine this thread with some stupid debate so I'm going to just make it brief and say "check out IMDB's reviews section and read the first review on the page http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1337057/reviews?start=10"

19. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    People are insane. My father-in-law was hit six times with an AK-47 type rifle in this shooting back in '89. He survived and is still alive. My thoughts and prayers to the victims and families in COLO. This kind of wound never heals. I wish these idiots would simply kill themselves and be done with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.