Shopping for two 5's

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jason Hale, Sep 9, 2002.

1. Modulus Quantum 5

3 vote(s)
  2. Other (please specify)

0 vote(s)
  3. Pulcinella Level 5JJ

0 vote(s)
  4. Other (please specify)

0 vote(s)
  1. OK folks here's my dilemma:
    I own a Modulus Q6. I like it but, I'd rather have a 5. I CANNOT afford Sadowsky or Lull. I want to have two basses: one with EMG's and one with a good Vintage Jazz vibe. I need both of them to be 5's. I know there are active/passive basses that can give me both like Lakland and Ken Smith but I'm really, really, hooked on EMG's. I just like 'em. Period. So I'm thinking of selling my Modulus Q6, buying a Q5 and a Pulcinella Level 5JJ. I really like the G&L L5500's (they had EMG's; I used to own one and liked it) but I can get a used Q5 for just a little more money. Let me know if you agree with my 2 picks or make any new suggestions. Rememer: One 5 with EMG's and One 5 with a good vintage jazz vibe. Thanks for your time. Oh yeah, here's a link to my Modulus Q6.
  2. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    For your "EMG" bass, consider a Spector NS5CRFM. I actually just got rid of mine, because I didn't like the neck, but as far as sound and looks, they absolutely can't be beat. If you don't mind a thin, round neck profile, you'd love this bass. It has the classic EMG sound and the addition of the new Aguilar Pre really makes the bass sing.
  3. shame on you for not giving TBers a first shot before putting that bass on EBay. I could've saved you a lot of trouble:D