1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Shopping for used gear

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jarrhead, Oct 2, 2009.

1. jarrhead

jarrhead

May 23, 2009
    So i've been tearing up craigslist and the classifieds and every website I know of looking for a used SR506.

I have found one but they sold yesterday,a nd my mom just found $115 of mine. So she was too late and I lost the sale.

Anyways, back to story, how do you go about finding used gear? I'm really getting a GAS impulse for that thing. I need at least a 5 but I like 6ers and I was wondering if there were any procedures to finding used gear.

2. I use e-bay, and go to pawn shops

3. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    I look on craigslist, go to music stores, pawn shops, even talk with other musicians about what I'm looking for.

I'd do the ebay thing but I'm very strict on playing a bass before buying it. I took a chance once and bought a Carvin and hated the tone of the bass so I refuse to compromise on that anymore.

4. tycobb73

tycobb73

Jul 23, 2006
    Grand Rapids MI
    GC has a really good used site, but it is GC so you have to know what you're buying because they won't.

5. LaklandBass

LaklandBass

Jan 26, 2005
    IL
    yea go to GC if not craigslist or ebay. GC will let you beat them up on price for used gear