1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

shopping in NY

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by pietrocefa, Dec 28, 2011.

1. pietrocefa

pietrocefa

May 3, 2011
    I'll be a few days in NY, can you tell me some place where I can buy old-vintage-used-worn pedals?
    Thanks in advance guys.

2. groooooove

groooooove Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    i dont know about old stuff, but pedalgeek is where its at, over in new hyde park IIRC.

3. mellowgerman

mellowgerman Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Not positive if they'll have used pedals, but if you have the time, definitely check out the Music Inn on West 4th Street. Hands down the coolest music store I've ever been in. Also, eat at Maoz; about $5 for lunch and possibly the best food in the city :)

4. I assume you're talking about NYC? If so, Ludlow Guitars, 30th Street Guitars, and Rudy's are the first ones that come to mind. A quick google search will provide addresses, phone numbers, and train directions to all of the above. And if you end up at Ludlow, go to Rosario's Pizza on Stanton and Orchard, just a block and a half away, and get a slice. Some of the best pizza in Manhattan.

5. jordak

jordak

Apr 7, 2011
    Queens, NY
    I've been there also. It's a very cool place to experiment with world instruments.

6. pietrocefa

pietrocefa

May 3, 2011
    many many tanks, nice to be in this community.

7. theretheyare

theretheyare Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Brooklyn, NY
    Endorsing: Arkham Vacuum Tube Amplification
    For used pedals, I'd go go to Main Drag Music in Brooklyn, Williamsburg. Very friendly, reasonable prices, and they give you all the time in the world to try out a pedal in peace and quiet. Main Drag Music

Another option is Rogue Music, which has the added plus that all its used inventory is online. Vintage Used and New Guitar FX Pedals and Stomp Boxes For Sale at Rogue Music Store. Make sure to compare the price on their site to price on the pedal in the store itself, sometimes there's a $10,- difference that you can kindly point out to them. ;-)

8. 8strings0hair

8strings0hair

Jan 28, 2011
    France
    Yep, Rogue is cool for used pedals, and 30th St Guitars is a couple doors down.
    Ludlow and Rudy's have a huge selection, but pretty much all new though.

On a side note, if you wanna treat yourself, go to Sadowsky's in Brooklyn and try a couple of basses... should make your day :)

9. Wes Whitmore

Wes Whitmore

Mar 10, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    I just got back from my first visit to Times Square. Stopped by Rudy's. Bass room in on the top floor. They only has a few pedals in the case, but he had some real nice basses in there, and some brands that our GC and Sam Ash don't carry. You might find some guitar specific pedals on the other floors though. It's not a huge store. Pretty sweet though.
    Sam Ash takes up some 4 buildings. Still...it's about the same as any other Sam Ash.
    I didn't have a chance to go anywhere else, but where I stayed (41st and 6th), there were 3 chipotle's and about 13 music stores within a couple of blocks. Sweet city!

Wes

10. JohnDavisNYC

JohnDavisNYC

Jan 11, 2008
    Brooklyn, NY
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar, D'Addario
    main drag is cool. they have good stuff, and the owners are my friends. once you escape the disneyland consumer mayhem of midtown, nyc is a pretty cool town.

williamsburg is getting pretty condo'd out, but there are still some good spots. south side guitars also has some good stuff, and meme antenna in the bedford minimall has awesome weird synths and pedals and stuff. and handbags and vintage lamps and glasses, etc...

john

11. rsmith601

rsmith601

Apr 14, 2009
    Boston, MA
    President, Source Audio
    For Manhattan and pedals I suggest:
    30th St. Guitars
    Rogue Music (half block from 30th)
    Ludlow in SOHO

Rudy's pedal stock is less than those above.

12. JaamE

JaamE Owner of the GK Angry Bird amp

Apr 13, 2011
    Olympia, WA
    Dont know where you're from but I"ll second a slice of any NY pizza, when I met my DH he'd just moved here from the Bronx and i couldnt understand why he hated our pizza so mush, esp since I'd just recently moved out of my parents house and into town where you could get pizza *delivered*!

Luckily we have a NYC pizza place here in our town, my kids now refuse to eat anything but NYC pizza!