1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Shops in NYC to trade my Sandberg

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by varcingetorige, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Hello everyone!!!

Just a quick question. Next May (between the 12th and the 20th) I'll be in NYC for work and I would like to trade my bass but... where?

I have a:
    Sandberg California TT active/passive
    Delano pickups
    Glockenklang pre
    Ash/Alder
    Custom order Black Hardcore Aged finish
    Beautiful, plek'd neck
    With original gigging bag
    Everything's absolutely perfect

Anyway, I've got two and want to try this one... where could I go?

Thaaaaaank you guys!

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
  2. C'mon? Anyone from NYC? Just an advice guys...

3. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Easy tiger. It's Saturday afternoon. Give it more than 35 minutes before asking again.

Is there a particular reason you're prepared to trade it for something worth half as much? Because the trade value percentage you'd get is 50% of what they'll sell it for.

varcingetorige likes this.
  4. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    Yeah, I would not trade it in. Sell it outright on your own...

varcingetorige and GregC like this.
  5. Ok, sorry guys, just got confused with the time zone.

Anyway, here is the reason why...

In italy it is sometimes very difficult to get certain basses and even more difficult to get those basses at a resonable price.
    Since I'll be travelling to NYC for work, I thought It would have been a nice idea to trade my bass with something like sadowsky, xotic, fender custom shop or particular model.

At the same time I went for a shop and not for a private sell/trade, since I cannot risk to travel up and down, flights, etc... with my bass... for nothing.

How much do you think would be the shop quotation for my Sandberg and how much you think is the right market quotation?

Thaaaaank you guys :hyper::hyper::hyper:

6. joel406

joel406

Dec 27, 2013
    Florida
    Site rules stipulate...

You must be a supporting member to request such information.

Besides nobody could even guess at a value without first inspecting the bass.

7. ok, sorry, didn't know... I just wanted to ask an harmless question in order to uderstand. The bass is perfect by the way, bought last august...

8. One Drop

One Drop

Oct 10, 2004
    Swiss Alps
    You'll get a lot more for it by selling it in Europe.

The chances of finding the bass you want in the same shop that will and your Sandberg in trade are very small, too.

9. got it! Thank you guys, I'll close the post