Shops relatively close to Salt Lake City and/or around LA

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by, Oct 1, 2002.

1. Hey all,

I'm looking for a place where I can try a big variety of basses and bass gear especially the different varieties of Peavey's Cirrus line. I'm in Salt Lake City, Utah and there's only one dealer in town who carries any Cirrus' and they only have two. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a good shop in a neighboring state where I could take a road trip to in order to try some out. Preferably it would also have a lot of other fun stuff to try out since I'd be making a long trip. Any and all suggestions would be very welcome!

I may also be in the LA area soon. What shops might have what I'm looking for down there? Thanks.
  2. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    I have wanted to try GuitarCzar on 33rd South in SLC but couldn't get there last time I was there. Have you been there? Also there is a store in Provo/Orem and all I have seen is the billboard on I15 that boasts about hundreds of guitars in stock.
  3. Yea, I've been to guitar czar plenty. He's got a nice shop if you're ever in town. But he's not a Peavey dealer and I really need to try those Cirrus basses. He's got much more guitar inventory than bass but what else is new?!

I'm not sure what store would be in Provo/Orem. I'll look for that billboard on Friday since I've got a gig down there. Do you remember seeing it heading North or South?
  4. Guitar Czar on 33rd is were I bought my Eden Rig!
    Dont know If Eric still has the shop, but he has great deals, and fine Bass Gear. Over in Bountifull, Utah there is Discount Music. Craig can hook you up with other stuff as well. He is one of the Premier set up guys I know. I only trusted him when it came to my Jazz, or Rickenbacker's.

p.s. Guitar City in Centerville, and the Provo area has peavey gear.
  5. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    That sign is southbound and I think it's around the Center St. or University exit.