Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Short demo

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MikeBass, Apr 22, 2004.

1. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    http://128.121.187.118/TripDeShortDemo-02.mp3
    Hey fellas, just a short quick demo of this funk group I'm gonna be playing with. Nothing special, we threw this together real quick like. So be nice ;)
    It's just for our promo pack, some day (when I get off my lazy behind) I'll put something of my own doing up.

For reference, I used my Sadowsky 5 straight into my Yamaha 01V thru a MOTU 2408, into Digital Performer 4 (DP4 running on a Mac G4 dual).
    Slight compression going in with a 4db boost at 125 Hz (kinda wide Q) and around a 3-4 db cut (narrow Q) at 1.2Khz. No other processing on the bass at all.
    Everything was cut pretty much live except some guitar stuff and a few keyboard parts.
    I have a feeling this may be in the wrong forum :meh:

2. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    nice, soudns like its a fun band to jam with

3. Much props for including some Rick james and Gap Band.

So I gotta get up!

4. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    Get down witcha badd self!!!! nice to hear somebody groove- the SAD SOUNDS KILLER!!

5. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    I like it. I'd like to hear the whole set. And nice seque whoosh.

6. Ari

Ari

Dec 6, 2001
    I recognized some Dazz Band too.

That's good stuff... Nice tone and playing !

Ari

7. rusty

rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    Singapore
    Nice!! :D Sounds as though you guys are having a lot of fun there!!

8. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    Gee, thanks guys!!
    Yeah, it's a real fun band. Pretty much just cut live. Played a verse and chorus of each tune, the longest was maybe 2 1/2 min. tops.
    Lemme see, there is Lakeside, Dazz, Gap Band, Prince, Freekbass and Rick James in there. But we run the whole range of funk and R&B.
    The biggest thing is we try not to take our selves to seriously. We just play the tunes good and make people wanna shake their behinds and bounce.

Plus, it's funk the way it was intended to be played, by five white guys from the suburbs!!!

Here is the longer version that we worked up:
    http://128.121.187.118/TripDeDemo-01.mp3
    This link may not be up for much longer.
    It's a little too long IMO, and the other gets the point across a little better when a bar owner/booking agent is trying to make a decision.

But man is it a blast to play and see people make an effort to dance to you. We may not be the best, but we have a TON of fun :D

9. nice!

quote: But man is it a blast to play and see people make an effort to dance to you. We may not be the best, but we have a TON of fun

that's all that really matters bro!