1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Short Ear Plug Review (ER-20s)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by i_got_a_mohawk, Dec 21, 2006.

1. I bought a pair of "Etymotic Research" ER-20 ear plugs a month or two ago, but due to the excesses of studies, my band hadnt had a practice since our last gig (right at the start of november).

So at practice today, i decided to take them along and see how well they worked.

Well, wow, all i can say is they are amazing! I had used the foam style ear plugs before, and always found that there was almost an added delay with the sound, and it was horrible and really muffled sounding. The ER-20s are relatively clear in comparison, there is still a noticable muffling, they do take out some detail in the top end, but it is still clear what is being played. They are comfortable, cheap (~£10) and work as advertised! When i have some spare cash kicking about i'll probably get a fitted set of ear plugs which give an even clearer sound, but right now, these things fit the bill very well.

Highly recommended to anyone who plays in a loud band, if you cant afford an expensive set, get these, they do the trick extremelly well, especially taking into consideration the price!

This must be the first time ive ever left a band practice and not had ringing ears, and they even managed to protect me from the drummers snare, which is sharp as hell, its a 10x4 snare so the crack on it is incredible (yet sore!), well, was sore, not anymore :hyper:

B0009YNINS.01-A1NDBS7YGOPBD6.LZZZZZZZ.

Availible in a wide range of colours too :smug:

2. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    +1, these are awesome if you aren't ready to make the jump to molded musician plugs.