1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Short Ibanez Soundclip

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Greg Johnsen, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    I was bored tonight so I decided to record a little somethin. Some of you probably want to know what it sounds like, so you'll have to excuse my bad playing and try to listen to the tone (it's recorded directly though my comp, not my amp).

If there's anything wrong with the clip, soundwise like through the speakers (overloading, becoming fuzzy, that stuff) please tell me so I can fix it.

oh, and I've been playing for about a year and 3 months, so yah...

Greg

2. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    Pretty smooth. Lots of lows in your sound. The recording volume seemed real low too. I had to crank my speakers.

3. +1. Missing some mids in there. What did you have the EQ set at on your bass?

Dave

4. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    flat, lol. I'll record something else in a minute. I was trying to do it softer because I play way to loud sometimes, and it sounds like absolute shiz over other people's speakers.

Greg

5. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Heres a hint - use something liek DBPoweramp where you can get a visual of the volume as you record (get it as close to the red as you can...:p

6. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    ok, I'll look into that, thanks.

Greg

7. cooledit pro 2 is pretty good...but bit soft...cant hear it on my lappy at all

8. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    hmm, I guess I was being over precautious then, next recording will be louder.

Greg

9. senrats

senrats

Apr 1, 2006
    Roswell, GA
    BTW - What do you all recommend using to record "bass to computer'?

I was going to use my computer mic in field of the amp and then record.
    Explain the signal chain.

Also -Is there a thread on recs for Home computer based recording?
    I'd like to have a small tascam interface setup and run everything to the computer for editing and mastering.

I want to record my SX 75 jb and the Fender (newly fretless) Dlx series.
    I need recommendations for pick-ups, et al.

Thanks!