Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Short Scale Bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by darkfish01, Feb 23, 2005.

1. darkfish01

darkfish01

Feb 11, 2005
    San Marcos, Tx
    Hello all. I have two cheaply priced basses, and I'm having trouble with finger placement. I'm missing a few muscles in my left hand (I can't even do that V thing), and oftentimes I find myself not being able to lay my index finger in the first fret and my ring finger on the third. I was wondering if I should get a short scale bass. Although I've never played one, I came here to ask yall short scale bass owners how you like them. Show pics if you got em!

2. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    I used to have one, and it does make getting around a whole lot easier. If you're having probs with a 34", getting a 32 or even a 30" should facilitate your playing. I mainly used mine in a piccolo tuning, but I have seen several players of small stature use them as their main bass. Something like a Bronco bass, and the tone was good, through a Peavey TNT100...good luck to you!

3. I bought an Epiphone EB-0 for my girlfriend, its a 30 1/2" scale. It plays nice I guess, but I'm used to my 34" bass. She has smaller hands so it works really well for her though.

[​IMG]