1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Short Scale Bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by darkfish01, Feb 23, 2005.

1. darkfish01

darkfish01

Feb 11, 2005
    San Marcos, Tx
    Hello all. I have two cheaply priced basses, and I'm having trouble with finger placement. I'm missing a few muscles in my left hand (I can't even do that V thing), and oftentimes I find myself not being able to lay my index finger in the first fret and my ring finger on the third. I was wondering if I should get a short scale bass. Although I've never played one, I came here to ask yall short scale bass owners how you like them. Show pics if you got em!

2. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    I used to have one, and it does make getting around a whole lot easier. If you're having probs with a 34", getting a 32 or even a 30" should facilitate your playing. I mainly used mine in a piccolo tuning, but I have seen several players of small stature use them as their main bass. Something like a Bronco bass, and the tone was good, through a Peavey TNT100...good luck to you!

3. I bought an Epiphone EB-0 for my girlfriend, its a 30 1/2" scale. It plays nice I guess, but I'm used to my 34" bass. She has smaller hands so it works really well for her though.

[​IMG]