Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Short scale Fender Jazz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by harley_ou812, Apr 27, 2005.

1. I happened into a shop the other day and seen something I havent seen before. A short scale MIJ Fender Jazz Bass. I dont know how common tese are but I wanted to share seeing how I know there are people here who love short scale basses. If this would sell I wont rofit seeing that I am in no way affiliated with the store.

2. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Sinny, Oztraya
    Most likely a Japanese made instrument as these were/are available in J style (maybe P too) in 32". It might also be an MIM Stu Hamm Urge 1.

Never played one of the 32" MIJ basses myself, but I'd be interested to, maybe it'd be a Fender I actually liked. I prefer the short/medium scale basses and currently own 6 of them from various manufacturers.

3. FireAarro

FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
    austr-
    They're still available off those Japan online shops and stuff that y'all know.

4. Jimmy P.

Jimmy P.

Apr 5, 2005
    Tokyo, Japan
    Here is one at Ikebe Music Store located in Shibuya, Tokyo:

http://www.ikebe-gakki.com/shopping...=1&page_cnt=12&order=1&state2=&start_index=72

It is the red one at the top right; click on the picture for more information. Stock number MB98-70SD(FRD) The retail price of 58,590 Yen includes tax, and a soft case is provided.

According to the description, this is the popular short-scale model also known as the "Mustang Bass" and is suited for those with smaller hands. It also has a "cute" body style...(that's what it says, but you be the judge!)

5. Glenn D.

Glenn D.

Aug 20, 2002
    Fort Collins, CO
    The Essex short scale jazz is a seriously good buy and they're back in stock at Rondo Music.

Glenn D.