1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Short Scale P/J Basses? Modded Mustang Perhaps?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ForestThump, Aug 30, 2008.

1. ForestThump

ForestThump

Jun 15, 2005
    Paris
    Looking for a traditional Fender shape short scale P/J bass and would like to see some examples of this kind of configuration.

2. ishouldbeking

ishouldbeking

Feb 5, 2007
    Hollywood, CA
    Endorsing: SIT, Eastwood, Hanson
    Rondo has a short-scale SX with a PJ configuration. I think they only have it in sunburst, but it looks half decent.

3. ForestThump

ForestThump

Jun 15, 2005
    Paris
    Anyone play one of the Rondo shortscale P/J basses?
    Any neck dive problems? How was the sound?

4. ForestThump

ForestThump

Jun 15, 2005
    Paris
    bump

5. ForestThump

ForestThump

Jun 15, 2005
    Paris
    Anyone?

6. Funkdrawer4

Funkdrawer4 Registered Abuser

use the search ....essex short scale

7. Fender P bass Jr , no longer made but u can get on ebay , it has the pick up but not the J. You could add the j pick up,,scale is short though its about 29 inch.

Cheaper alternative would be a squier bronco and add the P and J pickups.

8. allotabass

allotabass Guest

9. moondog24

moondog24

Jun 22, 2008
    I tried one of these not too long ago.

Felt good and looked OK. Neck dive was not a problem for me.

Unfortunately, there were some bridge placement issues. None of the strings sat directly between their respective pole pieces perfectly and that's understandable, but the G string COMPLETELY missed its pole pieces on the J pickup. I mean, it was almost a 1/4" outside of its pole piece pair.

I emailed Kurt and he explained that all of the basses exhibit a little bit of this but mine sounded like the bridge was wrong. He offered an exchange, but I got cold feet and opted for the painless refund instead.

I'm thinking your mileage will definitely vary. When I was contemplating this purchase, a couple of people spoke up here and talked of being very satisfied with that bass.

hoby