Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Short Scale Six String Pics on Basses Forum

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Jim T., Feb 10, 2006.

1. Hi. Almost 2 yrs. ago now, many of you helped me with a ton of design advice and physics info. when I started researching and experimenting with ideas for a short scale 30" six stringer with a Fender Bronco-stein.

I've posted that my Nordstrand Short Scale Six is Nearing Completion -on the basses forum, with pics. I figured that many of the folks on this forum who helped me out wondered or assumed that the project never went anywhere and I posted the reasons why I have kept "mum" 'til now on the basses page. So... I'd be honored to have you peek at the results and let me know what you think. Carey says we're roughly 6 weeks away from completion now. Although the Low B's success or lack thereof has yet to be determined (alternate tuning is still a fallback possibility) I thought a "pictorial thank you" to my luthier forum advisers was in order. If nothing else I wanted to let you know that all of the time and effort you donated to my project has indeed been utilized and appreciated! Thank You!
    Jim T.

2. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
  3. Hi Frank,
    Thank you for posting the link.
    Your bass looks wonderful. Beautiful top!
    Jim T.

4. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    You're welcome!
    And thank you! :)