1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Short scale USA Fender Jaguar?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by project_c, Nov 23, 2017.

1. project_c

project_c

May 8, 2008
    London, UK
    I played a Squier Jaguar short scale today, and loved the ergonomics, but did not like the budget feel of the neck and frets so much. (It's an amazing bass for the price, I'm not criticising it, I'm just too used to USA Fenders). The rest of it was fine, body, electronics etc seemed ok. I was initially interested in the PJ Mustang, but the upper fret access is not great on those, whereas on the short Jaguar, it's perfect. I've never been that interested in Jaguars in the past, because I didn't like their tone, but after messing around on one today, I realised that the solo'd pickups sound great, I just don't like the scooped tone when they're both on.

So now I have Jag GAS, and I'm wondering if there has ever been a short scale USA Jag?