shortage of drummers

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by sk8boarder317, Apr 19, 2003.

1. sk8boarder317

sk8boarder317 Guest

Mar 5, 2003
    Madison, WI
    i dont knwo how it is other places but i live in madison wisconsin and there seems to be absolutely no drummers..the only good ones i know is the one that just moved that was in my band or the other people who are in a band

just venting :D
  2. There's a drummer shortage where I live too. I've played with a couple of drummers, both good and bad. This is what happened to them:
    • One really good drummer moved to denmark to study medicine for five years.
    • One slept with the guitarists girlfriend and was fired from the band...
    • One quit playing drums to start singing instead.
    • One became an a-hole and broke up with all his old friends because they weren't political enough...:rolleyes:
    • One is a guitarist but also plays drums really well. Unfortunately he only wants to play guitar.
    • One isn't even human. It's my computer and plays drums on all our demo songs so far...

I wonder where drummers hang out...
  3. Quit encouraging folks to play bass; tell them to play drums instead. People always ask "Which is easier to learn? Guitar or bass?" Tell them to take out the $5,000 loan and get a killer set.

Well, if EVERYONE plays bass, there won't be any jobs for the rest of us.

Or, we could start knocking off bassists...That would get bloody, though...
  4. There arent tons of Drummers anywhere. Think about it, Your probably looking for a teen drummer. Well most teens I know live with there parents still so where are they going to put a drum set in there house? Plus there really loud and their parents would try to convince them to get a "quieter" instrument like an acoustic guitar or Saxaphone. Only in a few cases do kids own a drum set and their parents are supportive of them and let them set up in the basement or garage. And also, You have to lug your big set to gigs and practice. And let me tell you, Lugging around a drum set is not too fun.
  5. yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Theres a shortage here too, but then again there's always been a problem so I guess it isn't really a shortage.. :p

There are a handful of decent drummers, but often the better end wont join a metal band eg probbaly the best local drummer wont join because he's too religous (something along those lines). Theres also the problem of demand, in that good drummers tend to join about 5 bands at a go so lose dedication and originality.

Just stick at looking and put up posters everywhere each time you go out with the band eg to music shops in the local cities.
  6. Aren't there any "Squire" or "Epiphone" version of D-drums for teens to practice on?
  7. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan

Ya, they are called Pacific:bag:
  8. Amethska

Jan 27, 2003
    NJ, USA
    There aren't many drummers anywhere... any in this town...

1) are already in a good band
    2) are afraid to play in front of people (Grrr...)
    3) can't work a set. For their lives.
    4) I don't want to know them.

Haha, yeah...
  9. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Well, here in denver teh drummer problem is significant, but not too bad. Right now I have a pretty good drumemr in my band but he's got a wife adn kid so who knows what will end up happening. I have a backup drummer who's one of my best friends just in case- he owns an electric set (annoying to move, but good for recording). I know about 2 or 3 other people that are ok at drums, not great, but don't have a set.

SX and GP make some lower-end started drums sets as well...
  10. rockbassist1087

rockbassist1087 Guest

Nov 29, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Thats weird, where I live there are too many drummers. In fact I have a friend whose really good at drums ( I played with him for alittle while), but he can't find a permanent band. If anything, there are a shortage of bassists here. There are always too many guitar players here, but very talented guitarists can be hard to find as well.
  11. sk8boarder317

sk8boarder317 Guest

Mar 5, 2003
    Madison, WI
    i think im moving to long island:D
  12. Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    I know what you mean, i live right outside madison (Fort Atkinson) and there are no drummers around, seems to be the hardest part to find for a band now-a-days, pm and i may be able to help you out though, what kinda music and such are you looking for, if your into metal, or hardcore(!!!!!) or emo/core or anything liek that punk and of the such go to and check the classifieds, by the way my name on there is eyesofaxiom