1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Shortest Short Scale Precision

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kenjikun, Apr 21, 2009.

1. kenjikun

kenjikun

Apr 27, 2008
    Japan
    Yes, that's right. The owner/seller said if the regular 4 string set is used, the tune is not right but if the last 4 stings from a 7 string set is used, the tune is OK. The bridge, pickup and tuners are regular size. Just for fun, I wanna show the picture. This is very rare and Fender Japan made a few for one year only, according to him :D

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

Looks like a P-Bass Jr. They were made for kids. I think it's 28" scale.

3. strings can be ordered to fit any scale

4. Hi.

Looks more like 25" or so to me, but I'm sure the seller can verify that.

Something I've been meaning to try out for a long time. For travel/rehearsing type arrangement a short (headless?) bass would be ideal. To me anyway.

7 string set? A "normal" BEAD set should be all right and there's obviously the Warwick Dark Lord set if an even shorter scale is wanted/needed.

Regards
    Sam

5. that looks awesome - a super deformed p bass!!! thanks for showing!

6. moonshinegtrs

moonshinegtrs Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 28, 2009
    White Bluff,Tn.
    Owner: Moonshine Custom Guitars
    I had one of these a few years back, but it was made by Samick. It was 25" scale and was a interesting little bass, candy apple red with a rosewood f-board. I didn't know that Fender actually had one...Cool.
    Moonshine :bassist:

7. moonshinegtrs

Jan 28, 2009
    White Bluff,Tn.
    Found this on another thread:

8. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast Banned SUSPENDED

That's my post! 25.5" scale bass. Awesome player, great tone.

I'm trying to figure out a way to string it to regular bass EADG... right now it's an octave up. I'm thinking of cutting down a set of BEAD, and trying that.

I'm also interested in building a mini P or J bass that would have string through ferrules so I could put the BEAD set on it without having to cut them down.

9. moonshinegtrs

Jan 28, 2009
    White Bluff,Tn.
    I should of made note of that,Sorry. Mine was exactly like yours. I kept it tune up an octave(like a guitar,duh!), But tried to put some bigger strings on it from time to time. I never really found a set that worked for me. I bet string thru the body would help. I thought it was fun to sit around and play. Wish I would of kept it.

10. BryInSanford

BryInSanford

Feb 2, 2008
    Florida
    An octave up? Really?

Is anyone here actually playing BASS? (grin!)

11. stevetat

stevetat

Nov 11, 2005
    New England
    Fender makes a set of strings specifically for the P Bass Jr. - 4250M

The P Bass Jr was 28.5" scale length.

12. stevetat

stevetat

Nov 11, 2005
    New England
    And here's my 24" scale Tele-Star bass, shown next to my 64 P for reference:

[​IMG]

13. OOZMAN

OOZMAN

Jun 16, 2010
    Australia
    A 5 string set (BEAD) is only just adequate on a regular short scale (30", EADG) in terms of tension, theres no way it'd be adequate for this thing.

14. Meddle

Meddle

Jul 27, 2009
    Scotland
    Can you not use a heavy set of guitar strings for atleast some of the strings?

15. StrangerDanger

StrangerDanger Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Looks like Herve Villachaise (sp?) sig bass.

BryInSanford likes this.
  16. OOZMAN

OOZMAN

Jun 16, 2010
    Australia
    hahaha the headstock is almost the same size as the body, oh wait all fenders are like that.

BryInSanford likes this.
  17. My school shares a building with the middle school and that looks very similar to this jay turser p clone one of the 6th graders has! I have to say that bass is pretty cool. is it intended to be like a travel bass?