1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Shortscale Bass Neck

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rustypinto, Mar 25, 2009.

1. rustypinto

rustypinto

Mar 25, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    The truss rod on my Fender Musicmaster is out, anyone know how i can find a new one? I've been watching ebay, but Musicmaster necks are few and far in between. If there are any techs or fellow DIYers out there, let me know if you have such a neck weighing you down. I'd also be interested in using a Mustang neck (dunno if they're compatible with Musicmaster bodies), but it looks like that might be an upgrade from what i've seen on ebay concerning those prices. any help is much appreciated.

2. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Banned Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
    For what it would likely cost you to replace the neck on your Musicmaster (if you can find one), you could buy a 30" scale SX bass in either Precision, Jazz, or Jaguar Bass body styles & pickup configurations (and hard shell cases too) from Rondo Music.