Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Shot in the dark...

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by I-Love-Ratm, Feb 28, 2005.

1. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    Hey guys

Anyone have that video thats circling the internet entitled Bass Day 2002?It's like 27 mins long and has John Pattituci,Victor Wooten and Felix Pastorius.What I wanna know is Victor does a song with his looper.It's beautiful.Does anyone know whether it's just improve or is it a song because I wanna get the studio version. Cheers!

Mike

2. i know the vid you are talking about...i haven't seen it in a long time. does he use a special talkbox for that one? i think that i am thinking about BD 98 maybe...

3. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
  4. where can this video be gotten?

5. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    I got it off Limewire :bag:

6. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    can you send it to me please :bag:

7. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    I will if you tell me how!

8. sargebaker

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
  9. Does anyone else have a problem fast forwarding this video?? It seems like Windows Media Player wont allow you to fast forward ASF files??

10. sargebaker

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    Yes I canT fastforward, and were you rather unimpressed by Felix?

11. Buy the DVD. It's worth the money and you're helping Hudson Music which does a great service for music related media.

The song was improv'd for Bass Day. I've never heard it on any of his recordings.

12. Well, I wouldnt say unimpressed. I think we put too much pressure on him because he is Jaco's son. Whether he likes it or not, if he is trying to emulate Jaco, he has LARGE shoes to fill.

Also, I wouldn't doubt if he was a bit nervous/uncomfortable. Wooten and Pattitucci are hard acts to follow. I personally wouldve put him at the beginning than the end.

So, again, I wouldnt say unimpressed but it wasn't anything "shocking" per say