Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

should/could there be a talkguitar?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by FiveStringsNme, Aug 31, 2003.

1. My guitar buddy was wondering if that could possibly happen in a nice neat way similar to how talkbass functions...he read a couple threads with me and was laughing a lot, he thinks you guys are really cool..:D

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I woudnt mind that.

3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    There IS a talkguitar site-forum, but started really slow and sites this big and well coordinated need supporting fees and quality members...

so i highly doubt it can be comparable

http://www.talkguitar.com/forums/

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    i used to go to www.tabcrawler.com and their forums (i have 2300 posts there, im da man, lol) but as soon as i found this place i stopped going there because the bass forum (and im a mod for it) is very small and slow. The guitar forum isnt bad, and the Bands + Artists descussion forum is quite decent, but there is way too much flaming over there also.

5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    of course www.talkguitar.com is a newer site, give it time and it could theoretically become as excellent as www.talkbass.com

but who knows, if it doesn't perhaps it proves that all guitarists are gits.(present company exluded of course ;)

6. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    well, with the *great* example of an experienced internet forum run by guitarists as it is www.guitar.com ...

:rolleyes:

ps: lol drummers

7. my friend says thanks..he knows that tabcrawler's forums are disgraceful and wants to find some elsewhere...

8. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    lure him in...

tell him to lurk for a while and be sure to give him the run-down on how`s bussiness here... he`ll be a productive member in no time

and yeah, tabcrawler sucks

9. in talkbass?
    he actually thought of doing that!

10. discoboo

discoboo

Dec 25, 2002
    charleston, sc
    i don't think a talkguitar forum would work because there is no volume knob for them to turn up and they would have to share space with other musicians.

11. Haha! That's pretty mean, but it's quite true. :D

12. You were such a ****ty mod too.

13. no, because guitarists are weak people, and give in to temptation and sin, which will ultimately lead to the website's destruction.

14. that is a stereotype!

15. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I checked out those guitar links. They're all lame! Makes you realise just how Awsome TB has become. Lets keep it that way !!!!!!!!!!

Tell your friend to join TB.

16. If talkguitar.com aquires a core of dedicated and intelligent users, is sharply moderated and well managed, it could become way bigger than TB. There are simply many more guitarists out there - if the site scoops up the cream of the crop so to speak, it could be great.

Unfortunately, things other than cream can float to the top. Time will tell.

17. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    yup.

18. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    Tell your friend to become a bassist either before or after he might join TB. Then at least it'll be a little less weird and singled out for him.....or something.

19. he messes around with bass, and for a guitarist that barely plays bass, I'm actually impressed cuz he tries to give it a bass groove with a pick..he's thinking of getting that Essex J-bass btw....
    :D

20. "duh....so then she was like...'i usualy dont do this but yer in a band'...and it sure didnt matter to me...*nerd noises*"
    ah, and i play guitar too. somehow, bassists are just so much cooler.