Should have never let em go.....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by GreyBeard, Dec 18, 2002.

1. I just finished reading a thread concerning selling your equipment and then being sorry for letting it go. I have been sorry for selling every piece of equipment ( accept for the &*@% Traynor that left me stranded ) Here is a list of what I should have never let go:
    Silvertone SS150 head with 6x10 cab
    Fender Black face Bassman with small 2x12 cab
    Kustom Black 200 with 1 2x15 rolled and pleated
    Peavey powered cab with 2x10 and ch1 horn
    CBS Fender P Bass Frettless

Let's see your list....:(
  2. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    I try to keep everything....:D

But I almost traded my MTD535 for a Fodera but I came to my senses. I'm glad that I didn't. I will get my Fodera VW4 next spring without losing track of my MTD.

I really haven't regretted anything I've sold or traded to get something else.
  3. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    My condolences list :

Music Man Stingray (1980)
    Ampeg B-15N (yeah, the vintage one)
  4. believe it or not, the only piece of gear I miss is my little Tube driver pedal. When I get a spare $50, Ill have a new one. I guess I got off easy. :)
  5. Oooh, I have a long list . . .

'74 Fender P-bass
    '76 Gibson T-bird
    '76 Ric 4001
    '78 Ibanez Explorer law suit
    '80 BC Rich Mockingbird
    '98 Zon 4/1

Early '60s Fender Bassman
    Mackie M1400
    2 SVT Cabs (kept my '69 SVT head though!!)
  6. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    see? see? this is why my closet is full of 4 strings and old bass heads that i haven't played in a decade.

ah, to sleep the peaceful sleep of the righteous. :D :rolleyes:
  7. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

One advantage to adopting five-string is that I no longer miss any of the nice fours I sold, not even the sweet December '64 Fender P-bass. I'm hanging onto my MM fours, though (Sabre and Cutlass, both no longer in production).

Amps: I miss my vintage SVT's (the tone, not the weight). I love my current rack rig though, and as far as my back is concerned, it's a much much better rig.
  8. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    The only thing I miss was my old Fender Bassman 50, with it's original 115 cab. That was a nice rig. I didn't sell it though, it was stolen.

I have bought and sold a lot of gear, and I don't get too hung up on it.

John, you did let go of one item. ;) But you should know that I have played it almost every day since it arrived. :)
  9. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    (looks around)

uh, no i didn't. i didn't sell anything. ever. EVER! did you hear me? ;)

yeah, ok, i'm still a bit in denial, that's more than made up for the fact that you play it a lot. i feel honored to have been able to facilitate you finding an instrument that you seem to like so much - i'm glad it's found such a good home. :D
  10. reachjkh

Nov 21, 2002
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Hagstrom I bass (my first bass)
    Yamaha BP-1 preamp
    Fender bassman head (hot-rodded for guitar)
    1978? Les Paul Custom
    Kramer flying V w/aluminum neck (butter yellow - one pickup - NEVER seen another one since)

at least I can get another BP-1 one of these days

11. My first amp, a Carvin PB100-10. It didn't sound that great, but it was loud, portable, and built like a tank.
  12. (This is embarassing...)

I owned a PRIMO Rickenbacker 4001, Blue w/white. I even had the OEM ashtray.

Sold it to a friend in the Navy. Got lost in the mail between Washington and California (insured).

If I still owned this, it would be worth 3x what I paid for it (used) in '84.

13. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    only one thing i regret selling

my 1976 Ampeg B-15S. first real amp. didn't necessarily sound awesome as i remember it, but i got hosed on the trade in and would gladly pay the money i got for it back to have it back today.

would make a good studio amp too. it'd never leave the house though, that thing was way too heavy.
  14. Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Other than those listed in my previous thread, Ihad a pre EB Stingray once and a 71 Precision I wish I had held onto. Tonally, neither of these basses are my thing but monetarily they're worth so much more than the $350 I paid for them back in the day. Man, I could sell those now and buy even more gear I'd probably sell again and cry about later... :)
  15. LarryJ

LarryJ banned

Dec 12, 1999
    Encino, CA (LA)
    Ampeg B-15N
    '70 P-Bass Black/Rosewood...Stolen! (Burn in Hell,
    you Rat-Bastard!)
    SWR WM-10
    Polytone MB-III
    HARTKE 2.5 XL
    Mesa WalkAbout
    Sterling, Sunburst/Maple

All have been replaced with awesome different stuff
    & I hope the cycle continues in that if I can't have it ALL, I wanna try different sounds so change is good!-Except for the no-good SOB that stole my P-Bass- Your life is toast for doing that!
    OK, I'm over it now!:D
  16. rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    '92 Eden VT .40
    Ampeg V4 with the 4X12 guitar cab

17. 68 Guild Starfire 2
    72 Ric 4001
    75 Jazz Bass
    96 MIM Jazz with EMG JV pickups
    80s Yamaha BB 2000
    70 SVT head
    My other Eden 210 XLT
  18. dprives

Apr 22, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Fender Bassman 100(if I recall correctly) silver face. I had it when I was maybe 17. Bought it for $85 at a music store that was having a moving sale. It started to fizzle out so I took it to some dive music store and the guy said it needed new tubes and filter caps. At the time I had no idea what filter caps where but the tubes were more than I could afford so i sold it to him for $25. :eek: My only consolation is that i bought it for $85 and I got a good year and half of use out of it. I just did a search and found them selling for like $500 on the web now. Ahh... to be young and stupid again.
  19. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    Never sold anything so I wouldn't know what it feels like to lose something. I'm going to sell my Carvin combo once I get the money together for a QSC PLX 2402 though. I'll have to see how that goes.
  20. Rickenbacker Tuxedo (only 100 made)
    Dingwall Voodoo Z2 5-String (Wenge Fingerboard)
    Mesa Boogie Bass 400 (6550's) and road ready 2x15 (EV's) Mesa Boogie 2x10 cab as well.
    Hartke 410 XL and 1x15 XL cabs.
    USA Guild Pilot 4-String (cherry burst flamed maple body, EMG PJ and BTB pre-amp)

I get bored and like to try new things. The only regret is the money you always lose flipping gear.

Won't sell my vintage SVT rig though. Then again...