1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Should have...would have.....could have...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by purfektstranger, Apr 23, 2006.

1. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
  2. BassBuzzRS

BassBuzzRS

Oct 18, 2005
    Norway
    Aren't there other, similar instruments offered by Fender today?

3. anyone know the name of that blue color? i have a MIJ precision that is that exact color - definately not a harris sig though, my headstock doesnt have the insignia. it would look exactly the same though if i had the red mirror guard!

[​IMG]

4. your bass may look the same with a red mirror pickgaurd but the steve harris sig has a badass bridge on it and bassline pickups. and personally i think $1000+ bucks on it is too much money.

5. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Lake Placid blue is the color. Sure, basically a japan made p bass with Seymour Duncans and a bad ass bridge but the signature model seems to be increasing in value.

6. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    That's absurd! When they came out, weren't they selling for half that?

7. basically, i think there around the $600 mark

8. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Becoming more and more a collectors item it would seem......

9. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Yeah, somewhere around that mark. On the same note, I wish I hung onto my Nikki Sixx Blackbird that I paid $700 new for. Those things are selling for over a grand more than that on occasion.

10. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    This could be some kind of record. Price is 1225 and there is still almost 24 hours left. That's twice what the guy paid for it!

11. Hyde

Hyde

Mar 30, 2006
    Weird. I've played a couple, and they're nice basses (plus that's my favorite color scheme for a P-Bass) but I wouldn't pay much more than the $600 they were new.

12. phishaholik

phishaholik Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    I was looking through an old magazine the other day and musicians friend was selling them for $579. People are pretty silly to pay over twelve-hundred for it. I love maiden and all, but come on.

Mike

13. g00eY

g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    crazy...

is the color lake placid blue?

edit: nvm i didn't read all the posts, it's already been answered.

14. lbpark

lbpark Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Mobile, Al.
    Just thought I'd revive this by saying I just sold a Steve Harris P bass without the wine red mirror pickguard for $940. If anyone wants to get rid of theirs, now is the time.