1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Should Humans be executed for executing Animals out of cruelty ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Aug 13, 2007.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Should Humans be executed for executing Animals out of cruelty , what say you ?

2. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    No, just imprisoned for a long time with little to do except reflect on their deeds that put them there.

3. Geoff St. Germaine

Geoff St. Germaine Commercial User

I don't believe in execution at all, so...

4. yes?

:D

5. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Bob would you support life imprisonment for the cruel destruction of non human animals ?

6. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    If you want to go there, then all humane shelters should be shut down since mercy killing for humans is mainly illegal. We should also outlaw spaying and neutering programs since that would impinge on animal's free will.

Seriously, if you clocked a vicious dog after your kid's or your own leg, would you be prepared to sit through an investigation and possible indictment on capital charges?

7. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Banned

Jan 29, 2007
    Northern New Jersey
    Endorsing Artist: Red Zone Effects
    Animal life does not equal human life. But, anyone who engages in cruelty toward animals should be put away for a long, long time, preferably in place where they'll be treated as they treated the animals.

8. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    If you kill it you should eat it.

I guess it's up to you.

9. Me say yes.

10. +1

...with a caveat: If I ever caught someone torturing or abusing one of my animals, I'll kill 'em on the spot. My dogs are family, in my heart the equal of my children, and I will react to any threat to them in a like manner.

11. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    No. That's just silly.

If somebody "executes an animal out of cruelty" then that person should have consequences. Obviously, that person would have dangerous tendencies and that is not something that should not be ignored.

But treat the killing of an animal exactly the same as the murder of a human being? That would be ridiculous. I would be out raged if somebody were to suggest that the lives of my children were not any more valuable than my neighbor's dog fluffy.

That's my opinion.

12. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    Yes, but with extenuating circumstances: Make him go to another pit bull dogfight, he's free to bet as much as he wants. Make sure he's dressed in a pork chop and ribeye tuxedo.

13. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    +1

Animal cruelty is a step in path towards human cruelty. Nip it in the bud yo!!!!!!

14. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I know some people who would, not me. I love animals, but they are not equal to humans.

-Mike

15. Geoff St. Germaine

Geoff St. Germaine Commercial User

What if they aren't devaluing your children's lives but rather increasing the value (to them) of the lives of the dogs?

16. That's how I see my dogs, they're FAMILY, not "dogs". Do not mess with my family.

17. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    As long as it's humorous and ironic, I support the death penalty.

18. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    If you are willing to kill someone over your dogs, you sure as hell better be a responsible owner. I know if your dog came into a public space and attacked me, I wouldn't hesitate to kill it. I don't dislike dogs, but my leg is not a chew toy either.
    I have seen too many people who are irresponsible with their dogs who get livid when someone reacts in kind to their aggressive behavior. Too many people cannot understand that a dog can easily love it's master and family and be deadly to a stranger.:confused:

19. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

good point .
    but the original question was about execution of a human who cruelly killed animals for " sport " ...

dog fighting was a " sport " long ago ,
    just as bull fighting is now considered a " sport " in certain countries .

cruel ? hell yes .
    punishable by death ? no , imo .
    punishable by incarceration ? yes .

that being said ,
    if someone , anyone , were to torture or maim my family member { an American Boxer } ,
    i would want justice .
    swift and sure ,
    blood or incarceration , possibly both .
    :ninja:

20. funkydjembe

funkydjembe

Apr 5, 2007
    Norway
    If you can't respect animals than how could respect humans? someone who does cruel things to animals is a life-hater, definitely a sickness, such people really need help with some issues. Not easy when there are so many people in the world who perpetuate the idea that animals are worth nothing. Look at the Spanish national sport:rollno: now what's that s***?