1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Should I add a bassbone?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by hrodbert696, Nov 4, 2013.

1. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

OK, so a radial bassbone just came up at a good price on the local CL. I'm tempted but I'm not sure if it would be a good addition to my board. What I have right now:

Line from bass --> radial bigshot ABY splitter
    (1) --> clean signal to amp head, cab.
    (2) --> MXR noise clamp --> (effects loop) Boss LMB-3 --> Boss CEB-3 --> Boss OCB-3 --> MXR envelope filter --> Danelectro CoolCat tremolo --> MXR M80 DI/EQ/Distortion --> (effects loop back to noise clamp) --> Boss RC-2 --> amplifier 2.

There's also a tuner separate off the ABY.

So I hear great things about the bassbone, but not sure how it would fit in. Seems like the obvious thing would be to replace the M80 with it. But does the bassbone do distortion? Like switch to channel 2 with gain cranked? Wouldn't I lose the ability to use the bassbone to switch out basses if I did that? Would it be any improvement over the M80 or just spending money on something that does the same thing?

:help:

2. JCraig

JCraig

Dec 19, 2009
    The Bassbone doesn't do distortion even with the gain maxed out on either channel.

3. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

So the scenario of using the bassbone to replace the M80 would then also mean adding another pedal for distortion? hmmm, kind of kills the advantage of the deal on the CL bassbone.