Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Should I add another handle to GS-112?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Monkey, Aug 31, 2003.

1. Monkey

Monkey Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Dayton, Ohio, USA
    I've been gigging fairly heavily with my two GS-112s and couldn't be happier with the sound. The only problem I've found is that I find myself wishing the cab had another handle when moving it around.

Do you think it would adversely effect the tone to add an identical handle to the other side?

2. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    ask aquilar.

when you say "moving it around" do you mean short distances like few feet or carrying in from car to gig?

if car to gig I'd suggest get a luggage cart or two wheel cart www.kart-a-bag.com tri-kart 800 is what I got!

[​IMG]

can hold one big cab (410) and rackhead, or a couple of smaller cabs and rack. 4 wheels makes it easy on elbow for top heavy long trips.

3. Monkey

Monkey Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Dayton, Ohio, USA
    I have a great two-wheeler for moving my stuff, and the one handle is fine in certain situations, but when getting in or out of the back of my Honda, or stacking them on the two=wheeler or on stage, it would be much easier with another handle.

I emailed Aguilar, but I probably won't hear back until Tuesday or so.

4. Monkey

Monkey Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Dayton, Ohio, USA
    I got a prompt and helpful response from the tech guys at Aguilar. They said that an additional handle probably wouldn't effect the sound, but that they had not tried it so couldn't be sure. They suggested a non-recessed handle that wouldn't require removing any wood.

I think I will go ahead and add the recessed handles.

5. Gander

Gander

Jun 5, 2002
    Texas
    Hi, Monkey, Please keep us posted on how this project turns out. I'm about to buy two GS-112's and I will probably want to add an extra handle. Thanks