1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Should I be picky

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Vittu, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Hey guys I am still gathering information before I spend alot of money for an amp. I am set on gallien Kruger (700rb head) I want to go with neo 212 and eventually another 212 or a 115, but if I find a 410 for cheaper than the 212 should I go with that, and what is the differance in sound?
    thanks guys

2. Revvv

Revvv

Oct 31, 2007
    Georgia
    I am very picky when it comes to my gear. It takes me weeks, sometimes months to settle on amps. I like to play everything I can get my hands on.

My picky nature always seems to take me to Hartke. I say play when you are interested in. Time is on your side. It's not always easy to sell, trade, or whatever you need to do in order to get your desired results.

3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I think you should do a fair amount of research in the form of playing a few different amps and reading reviews on websites and all that stuff. I think you shouldn't buy an amp you don't like just to get the buying process over with. But I don't think you should spend an inordinate amount of time on it. The sooner you get it squared away, the sooner you can get to playing.

As for the differences between speakers, those have to be experienced for yourself and they vary between manufacturers so you really can't generalize. Only advice I'd give you is to buy matching cabinets because they generally work together better in the same amp from an audio standpoint than non-matching cabs.

4. thanks guys