1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Should I be washing the Microfiber cloth that came with my Rickenbacker?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by William81, Oct 17, 2020.

1. William81

William81

Sep 23, 2020
    If i should be washing it is the washing machine ok for it? How often should I was it?

2. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    I usually hand wash mine, but have tossed them in the washing machine a time or two, without incident.

Prof.Dr.Metz and William81 like this.
  3. Isn’t the cloth that comes with Rics treated with Zymol or some kind of polish or cleaner. Mine certainly smells like it is. Unless you’ve had it for a while and the treatment has worn off, I wouldn’t wash it.

cassanova and William81 like this.
  4. William81

William81

Sep 23, 2020
    Thanks for the help!

5. William81

William81

Sep 23, 2020
    I did not know that! Thank you

6. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    I probably should have specified that I was referring to microfiber cloths in general that I own. But yes, if treated, I wouldn't wash either.

William81 likes this.
  7. Is fifteen years long enough?

heynorm likes this.
  8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 12, 2021